We have heard and seen many rumors from various websites about the fifth generation iPhone to be released this summer. It also stated that the upcoming iPhone will have a brand new design and a bigger display.
for more information on how the next gen iPhone could look like, do visit MacRumors.com
So might it be true?
Well, I don’t think so. It is too early for Apple to release the next generation iPhone after the release of the iPhone 4S. To what I know, there will be at least a one year gap for the new iPhone to be released after the current one. Let’s take a look at the released dates of the current iPhones.
iPhone 2G – June 29 2007
iPhone 3G – July 11 2008
iPhone 3GS – June 19 2009
iPhone 4 – June 24 2010
iPhone 4S – October 14 2011
As you can see, this has been the pattern since the original iPhone in 2007. We might not know whether Apple is going to break that pattern and release the latest iPhone model earlier, probably just like what we heard “in the summer of 2012”.
But I can guarantee that the upcoming iPhone will have a brand new look. Take a look at the design between the 3GS and the 4. From here we can tell that model after the “S” will have brand new look and more new features whereas the model with the “S” will have a similar look as the previous iPhone.
Going back to the question, so is it true that the fifth generation iPhone will be released this summer? Well, all we got to do now is to wait and see!
- Motorola Succeeds In Blocking iCloud, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 in Germany (gizmodo.co.uk)
- iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iCloud Blocked in Germany After Moto Complaint [Apple] (gizmodo.com)
- Apple to discontinue the iPhone 3GS in March? (somobile.co.uk)
- iPhone 5 To Launch At WWDC In June (best-mobile-contracts.co.uk)
- RUMOR: iPhone 5 Coming in March 2012 – Along with iPad 3 (epicagear.com)